Meet Our Trainers: Donna
After growing tired of dieting and being forced to live an unhealthy lifestyle for her fashion modelling career, Donna found her passion in working as a personal trainer in 2006. She began her company, Bella Fitness, just a year later.
Donna has a passion for teaching, instructing group classes in Cardio Kickboxing, Yoga, Body Sculpting, and more.
Her close relationship with both of her grandmothers gave her a special place in her heart for seniors and, in addition to her clients of all generations, she specializes in fitness instruction for clients over 60 years of age. Donna focuses on training for mobility, flexibility and balance while paying close attention to risk factors. The benefits of her sessions include reduced health risks, improved cardiovascular function, overcoming stiffness, relaxation and help in achieving a healthier, longer life.
Donna continues her fitness education and has achieved several certifications:
- Aerobics and Fitness Association of America – Certified Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor
- Arthritis Foundation – Exercise Instructor
- SilverSneakers – YogaStretch and Muscular Strength & Range of Movement Instructor
- PiYo – Pilates and Yoga Instructor
- YMCA – Certified Trainer
- National Academy of Sports Nutrition – Licensed Sports Nutritionist
- H.I.I.T Instructor
- ZIN(tm) Zumba® Fitness Network
- Tabata Bootcamp Trainer
A native Californian, Donna lives in La Crescenta with her son Daniel (the best son ever!), her dog Bella, two cats, Leo and Miss Oliver; and a guinea pig named Jo Jo. In her free time she enjoys bike riding and photography and cooking Italian food. Donna has a passion for helping others. Union Rescue Mission, Door of Hope, and Alzheimer’s Association are just a few of the places she cares deeply about.