Are you in charge of dinner tonight? Looking for something new and different? Try Chef Armen’s Poached Salmon with Parsnip Puree and Sautéed Asparagus. Something light and delicious before the weekend BBQing!
This recipe is for 1 serving only so do the math for all the mouths! : )
Ingredients for Poaching Salmon
6-8oz filet of Salmon
½ cup dry white wine
1 cup water
1 chopped shallot
½ oz of dried parsley
1 tablespoon of raw organic butter
1 ½ teaspoon of minced garlic
1 tsp salt
Ingredients for Parsnip Puree
8oz of parsnip diced
1 ½ tsp of raw butter
½ cup of vegetable or chicken stock
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
Ingredients for Sautéed Asparagus
¼ lb of fresh asparagus
1 oz Avocado Oil (recommended, but could also use palm, peanut or extra virgin olive oil).
½ tablespoon garlic
Procedure for Salmon
1. In a saucepot, add water, dry white wine, shallots, parsley, raw organic butter, and minced garlic.
2. Bring it to a simmer on medium heat and place salmon in poaching liquid until fish is at a flaky consistency.
Procedure for Parsnip Puree
1. On a half sheet baking tray, scatter the parsnips and coat with olive oil.
2. In a preheated oven at 375 degrees place the half sheet tray in the oven until parsnips are caramelized in color.
3. After the parsnips are nice and cooked, run them through a food mill. In a saucepan add the parsnip puree along with the raw butter, chicken or vegetable stock, salt and pepper.
4. Adjust the puree if necessary until it is at the consistency of your liking.
Procedure for Sautéed Asparagus
1. Heat a saucepan to medium heat and add oil.
2. Add the asparagus and cook until almost tender.
3. Add garlic to asparagus to finish cooking with the asparagus and include the salt and pepper towards the end.
Plate the poached salmon, parsnip puree, and sautéed asparagus to enjoy a light, healthy and delicious dinner.