Honey Chicken Shish Kabob – Servings – 5
***Fish option available a little later on today.***
2 chicken breasts
4 large yellow or red bell peppers
1 large onion
1 pack button mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 ½ tablespoon honey
Juice of ½ of a lemon
Salt and Pepper
1. In a bowl mix olive oil, honey, and lemon juice well.
2. Then cut up the chicken breasts into three inch slices and mix with the wet ingredients and let it set for 3-4 hours.
3. If using wooden sticks for the shish kabob, soak them in a water bath for about an hour.
4. In the meantime or later, chop the vegetables into portion size that is comfortable for the wooden stick and guests.
5. Start to line up the skewers with bell pepper, mushroom, chicken and onion. Continue that procedure until skewer is loaded ¾ full and adjust seasoning if necessary.
6. If using a gas grill, keep the heat at 350. If using wood or coal, keep an eye on the flames. Place the shish kabob on the grill and rotate as they cook for about 15 minutes.
For vegetarians you may substitute the chicken with zucchini and eggplant. A little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper on a wood fire grill will give it a smokey flavor and healthy bite.