1 serving of The Fitness Scramble with a side of fruit
1 oz Extra Virgin Olive oil
3 oz diced onion
.5 oz minced garlic
2 oz diced red, yellow, or orange bell pepper
3 oz sliced button mushroom
2 oz diced tomatoes
8 oz of spinach chiffonade (finely cut leaf vegetable)
1 oz fresh basil chiffonade
4 egg whites
1 oz of Muenster cheese
2 slices of fresh rye toast
½ tsp of salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ sliced banana
¼ sliced orange
3 sliced strawberries
1. Heat saucepan to medium high then add Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2. Add the onions. Cook until translucent. Add the garlic, bell pepper and mushrooms.
3. Sautee for a minute then add the spinach. After spinach cooks and shrinks add the diced tomatoes.
4. Cook for another half minute and add in the egg whites.
5. Cook egg whites and stir with rubber spatula until soft
6. Finally, add the cheese and the basil at the end for fresh pop in every bite.
Serve with side of freshly toasted rye bread and fruit to start off the day with a healthy, nutritional meal.
***Serving size may differ based on personal interest in consumption and portion control based on daily diet. Also if any person is allergic to a certain ingredient, do not include it and e-
mail the chef for alternative ingredients.***